DATTO Backup Business Continuity
Finch Computers is a Winnipeg-grown company passionate about supporting local businesses. Traditionally, businesses use many different methods of backing up their data. While these methods cannot necessarily be called a ‘system’, they are still used and depended on.
Here are three of the options that most people are familiar with:
1. Tapes and CDs
As an IT support company and in business since 1999, Finch Computers highly values having the best possible backup system. For our sake and for our client’s sake, we cannot afford to lose any data. Therefore, we work with the best method possible and will explain why we’ve chosen Datto as our recommended backup platform.
Here are 5 reasons Finch Computers works with Datto for business continuity/backup:
1. Data recovery is very fast. With the traditional backup methods listed above, your data may be recovered, however the process can be very slow and might even take weeks. Datto’s average downtime after a disaster is hours, minutes, or even seconds.
2. Automation minimizes human error. Tape backups, for example, require quite a bit of manual administration. There is a high risk for human error in this—the Acronis Global DR Index of 2012 reports that 60% of on-site disasters are due to human error. Datto provides a fully automated backup process that requires very little manual management.
3. Multiple backups are easily created. It is time consuming and expensive to make multiple copies of backups on disks and tapes or even to have multiple locations in the cloud you have to pay for. With Datto, each backup is saved in multiple locations: local appliance and bi-coastal data centers.
4. Data is secure. While there are limited options for encrypting data when backing up with traditional methods, AES 256 and SSL key-based encryption from Datto ensures your data is secure and meets industry regulations. In addition to this, a tape or disk could get stolen but off-site backups in Datto are stored in SSAE 16 data centers. This extra measure of security is invaluable.
5. Minimal risk of corrupted backups. When recovering data, tape failure rates exceed 50%. Datto minimizes the risk of data loss from corrupted backups.
Check out these videos to discover what a true Backup Business Continuity solution can do to protect your business and your piece of mind: backup-business-continuity-videos.
Finch Computers has been a Datto partner for a few years now and it is the main backup system we use and recommend. Our years of working with this Datto and learning the benefits of it enables us to provide our clients with practical knowledge of what makes sense for their business. We know the system and trust it for backing up our own data. We want to pass on the great opportunity of using their product to other local businesses in Raleigh.
If you’d like more information on how Datto works and what it could do for your business, contact us! If you don’t, that’s great too—we still want to hear from you. Tweet us @Finchcom99 or call/email us at 204.257.7279 and we can can also be reached via email @ email@example.com